I love protein pancakes! I’ve been making a different version of my protein pancakes for about 10 years or so but I found this recipe in my latest Oxygen magazine (March 2013) and I modified it a little bit. I love to try new pancake recipes. There are so many variations and many different ideas. Here is just one yummy option.
- 6 egg whites (2/3 cup-I use liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International http://www.eggwhitesint.com/likes/DaniGetUrGunz
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 ¼ cup of ground oats ***
- dash of sea salt – dash of cinnamon
- stevia to taste (I usually put enough to make the batter taste sweet) I use stevia in the raw (looks more like sugar-not a liquid) It measures like sugar. If I double this recipe like I usually do I probably use about a 1/2 cup of the the stevia. You might play around with how sweet you prefer yours.
Blend all ingredients in your blender or food processor
Cook like regular pancakes (use a nonstick spray, etc. in your pan)
Top with diced or chopped walnuts
*** I keep ground oats in a canister on my counter for quick use in recipes. I just pour old fashioned oats in my food processor and chop them into a fine flour type consistency. Then they are ready to go when you need them! Here’s my video on how to make your own oat flour 🙂