Apparently, today is “NATIONAL BANANA BREAD DAY.” I had no idea but made this bread and this post and found out about the banana bread day. That made me smile 🙂 So, I’ve been sick all week and had no idea what I had in my fridge/pantry to pull together a dessert I needed for a girls movie night last night. I quickly went to Little B’s healthy habits blog (I love her recipes) and found this yumminess. http://www.littlebshealthyhabits.com/
I had never made this so I wasn’t sure what to expect but I had all the ingredients here and ready. I quickly mixed them up in my food processor, put in a loaf pan and took them to my friend’s house to bake there. It turned out soooo yummy! These are all my pics, sorry….I tend to take a ton. 🙂
- 1.5 cups oat flour (I keep some ready to go in a canister, I just grind up old fashioned oats in processor)
- 3 scoops protein powder
- 1.5 ripe bananas
- 2 egg whites (I use 4 TBSP of Egg Whites International–best egg whites ever!! http://www.eggwhitesint.com/likes/DaniGetUrGunz
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I actually used coconut milk)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (I used macaroon b.c. that is all I had and loved it)
- 2 T carob chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in mixer/food processor and mix well.
3. Place batter in prepared loaf plan and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I don’t know if this is necessary, but I hate for food to stick to my dishes so I spray with coconut oil spray and dust with flour. Pour it in, bake it up real proper like 🙂
Nutritional Info for 1 slice:
(Recipe makes 8 slices)
- Calories: 238
- Carbs: 22g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 15g
- Sugar: 6g