Oh my goodness….this is such a yummmmy meal!! I have been making this for about 10 years but of course I used to make it a lot less “healthy.” This is an easy recipe to make and OMGosh it’s so yummy! I now just pick healthier ingredients to make it with. This is technically called enchiladas but honestly, they are more like burritos.
This is a recipe for only 1lb of ground meat. YOU WILL more than likely want to double it or per my hubby’s request, “triple it” which is what I usually do! haha NOW, I don’t want to hear, that’s not clean, that stuff isn’t clean. I eat about 80/20% clean. Sometimes about 90/10 but I’m a real person who is super busy and I do what I can. But I can tell you that meal IS 100% yummy! 😉
- 1lb ground “lean turkey” or ground chicken
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can tomato soup (undiluted)
- 1 can enchilada sauce (not the powder)
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can of corn (drained)
- fresh cilantro (cut up small-sometimes easier to use kitchen shears)
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (or whichever healthy tortillia you love)
- shredded cheese (yes I said cheese–I didn’t say a lot of cheese!)
- optional toppings: plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), diced avocados or homeade guacamole
Brown ground meat and onions until done. Pour off any excess liquid (cooking with lean meat should reduce this step.) Stir in soup, enchilada sauce, corn, beans, and some cilantro. Spoon about 1/4 cup of mixture into each tortilla and a tiny bit of cheese to each. Roll up and place seam side down (sometimes I just roll up an place like this if they will stay.) Pour rest of meat mixture on top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese on top for last 5 minutes. Serve with guacamole, plain greek yogurt and olives, if you like them.
Here’s my sweet friend Dottie making some mean and clean guacamole!
This is always a hit with everyone! Something about it, I just can’t describe but it’s soooo yummy! hahaha