Grilled Sweet Potato-Veggie Mix
- Sliced raw sweet potato – I used 4 sweet potatoes last night (you can use red or white potatoes but I loved it with sweet potato)
- sliced zucchini, squash, etc. (I didn’t have zucchini last night-not pictured)
- 1 chopped large onion (I like mine a little larger – not diced- for grilling, you can cut to whichever size you like)
- Minced garlic or if you love garlic, go bigger! 🙂
- Mrs. Dash seasonings (I used original and table blend but the sky is the limit on these!)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coconut oil (pure unrefined is my favorite and it smells and tastes delicious) Optional of course…..
- Foil and a basket for grilling to keep from falling in 😉
- Prep the ingredients
- Use a type of tray or basket for putting on top of the grill. I line the bottom with foil and kind of make a bowl with it to keep all the goodness from falling out onto the grill.
- I put all the potatoes and veggies, etc. into the basket, sprinkle with seasonings, put a couple of tablespoons of the coconut oil in different places to mix in, drizzle with olive oil and MIX it all up.
- Cover with a sheet of foil, put on the grill on medium heat. I just go out and check it about every 15 minutes or so and stir it to make sure it’s not burning or sticking to the bottom of the foil.
- Grill until all the veggies and potatoes are soft and ready to go! Some people like more crispy parts to it, just watch it and see how it’s looking and smelling….yummmmers!
THAT is it!! So easy and you didn’t have to heat up your oven and your house!
I serve this with all kinds of lean meat. Pork, turkey burgers, smoked meat from our smoker, etc. GREAT and easy side of veggies and healthy complex carbs!