Are you looking for something “totally rad” to add to your workout equipment to use at home, ON VACATION, traveling for work, etc? You need to keep reading! I was sent a MostFit Suspension Strap and I will be honest, I have always been skeptical of these type of gadgets. I thought, I lift heavy weights, sometimes even a little “kickin’ it old skool” with my iron. I have always wondered if and how a simple strap would give someone an awesome workout. Well, I TOTALLY KNOW NOW! It does and it’s AMAZING! I am going to tell you all the reasons why! These are the main advantages (in my opinion) of this MostFit Suspension Strap.
- Easy to use (just simply hang over the top of a door!)
- Use anywhere – A door in your house, Hotel door (for you work travelers like my hubby), hang over a tree branch for outside workout (hello vacation or camping.) You can also loop it around your mounted pull up bar (this is what I do) Truly, the ideas are endless.
- Portable/lightweight – very easy to pack into your suitcase or bag if heading to the park (yes really you can take it to the park and work out while kids play-ha)
- Total body workout – you are using your own bodyweight and there are so many variations you can do with this strap.
- Affordable! I am also a certified personal trainer and I have been using this strap with my clients. It is amazing for them as well. I have a few clients who are just starting out with weights and/or have a significant amount of weight to lose. This has been a very effective tool for them to use their own bodyweight to get an amazing workout! Body weight training with this strap helps strengthen your total body while improving balance and core strength.I love this for beginners (and for more seasoned folks like me) because while holding onto the straps, I have found that you are not as concerned about losing your balance and you can focus on getting the full range of motion. This strap is keeping you “in check.” I love it. I’m going to show you some examples of a few exercises that you can do almost anywhere! Instead of putting the strap over the top of the door (which I did try and love) I have mine looped over my pull up bar which is anchored permanently in the ceiling. I’m not sure I would recommend it over a pull up bar that is used inside a doorway. I would put it over your door as recommended in the package.–Please excuse my messy garage in some of the pics. I’m working on cleaning up the messy area featured below. Busy mommy = messy parts of home. True story.
1. THE CURTSY LUNGE (Some days when I’m feeling “extra spunky” I wear a 15 lb weighted vest while doing these) Don’t forget to do the lunges on EACH leg as shown below.
2. STANDING ROWS – This is an exercise to work that back (your actual back) not your “Baby Got Back” back.
3. ROWS WITH A SQUAT – This is a compound movement working your upper and lower body! It’s one of my favorites! My clients really, really love it too! (haha) I think it’s more of a love/hate relationship. It is pretty great and will make you sweat! It’s also a great timesaver too.) This will really work your back while incorporating your “Sir Mix-a-lot “back” at the same time! Yes, please. Booty and back work at the same time = greatness.
4. PUSH UPS/DECLINE PUSH UPS – I will tell you, this one “takes a minute” to master. It takes such stability to do this move! It is such a great exercise though. At first, your hands will wobble a little until you get the hang of it but wow it really increases your balance and stability! For the regular push up, I just put hands in the straps, put feet at desired distance to get the stretch you need and literally do a push up. I also put my feet in the straps to do a decline push up. Pretty darn cool.
5. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS – This is one of my favorite exercises I like to use as an “active rest” exercises in between lifts. Mountain climbers really challenge your shoulders and elevates your heart rate. With this strap, you just place your feet into the straps (as seen) and start to alternate which leg is forward, bringing your leg in and out quickly (knee to your elbow) and then quickly switching sides. Great for working on core and stability. It’s a great exercise with this strap. Really puts a spin on the traditional mountain climbers done on the floor.
6. KNEE TUCKS (AB WORK) Everyone is always asking me about my abs. Obviously, clean eating is the #1 reason my abs look the way they do, but this exercise is a new favorite!! It’s always included in my ab routines now! I love a challenge AND a great burn!! (I don’t have a pic of it but you can also work obliques by twisting to the side while drawing your knees in.) I love the 2nd pic because it shows my back sweating through my tank. Icky and awesome. See, I told you these straps were serious bizness.
Another one of my favorite things to do is a one legged squat. You have the straps in front of you and go into a squat with all the bodyweight onto one leg, putting your other leg straight out in front of you while squatting! It’s awesome and as I said earlier, you don’t have to worry about your balance. You are holding onto the handles and just squat away. There are TONS of different exercises you can do on this MostFit Suspension strap!! I have other things that I do on these but I forgot to have my friend snap a picture of that day. We had just finished a killer workout and frankly, our minds were on going in to eat! Hey, I’m just being honest.
I hope you enjoyed this review. I truly love this piece of equipment I have added to my home gym.