OH my goodness. This recipe is sooo delish!! I have made this so many times and I cannot get enough of it each time I make it! I had originally found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Little B’s Healthy Habits. She calls them protein “bars” but I find them to be more like a “cake” texture and they are good! http://www.littlebshealthyhabits.com/
I modify this here and there to add things or change it up but this is one of those recipes that is amazing just as it is. Tonight I added unsweetened coconut to it and it was amazing! Basically, I have a coconut addiction so I thought I would try it 🙂 Look at this yummy unsweetened baking cocoa I used! I was just dying to try it!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup oat flour (I make mine)**
- 4 egg whites
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used vanilla)
- 1/4 cup Stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 4 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter, or 1/3 cup if you’re a pb enthusiast like me.
- 4 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt (tonight I used cottage cheese because I was out of plain yogurt)
— I also added about ¼ cup of unsweetened finely shredded coconut tonight— YUMMMMMY!
**I have a video on youtube showing how I make my own oat flour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIgM4LpHPNw
- Add all ingredients in large mixing bowl, and mix.
- Place batter in a prepared 8×8 prepared baking dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Nutritional Info: 16 servings; 1 bar contains: 6g carbs 6g protein 2g fat 73 calories